Though they may look unassuming, raccoons are notorious for causing trouble on landscapes and in homes. If you notice a raccoon problem in your Dallas home, don't panic. Do not approach the raccoon, especially if it is out and about in the daytime—this often indicates a rabid raccoon. Instead, protect your home and family from raccoon problems by calling Wildlife X Team® Dallas today!
Getting Rid of Raccoons
Raccoons are capable of causing damage to your Dallas area garden, your yard, & your home. Some of the most commonly reported raccoon problems in the Dallas area include:
- Damaging raccoon nesting habits & food-seeking behaviors
- Did you know raccoons are infamous for ripping insulation for nesting?
- Physical damage to floors & walls because of gathering feces/urine
- Raccoons are known for living in one area of your home and using another area as a "latrine".
- Diseases, illnesses and parasites from coming into contact with the raccoon directly or raccoon waste
- Raccoon roundworm can cause nausea, an enlarged liver, and even coma in extreme cases.
Why You Should Get Rid of Raccoons
It's important to remember these lumbering dog-like critters are still wild animals, so they should never be in your home! Unfortunately, raccoons in the attic are incredibly common in the Dallas area, but this also means our office has lots of experience getting rid of raccoons. Remember that it can be hard to tell if a raccoon is rabid, so make sure you call the professional raccoon specialists at Wildlife X Team® Dallas! We can trap raccoons, relocate raccoons and repair raccoon damage.